Cloudant, an IBM Company, provides the world’s first globally distributed database-as-a-service (DBaaS) for loading, storing, analyzing, and distributing operational application data for developers of large and/or fast- growing web and mobile applications. Delivered as a managed cloud service, Cloudant technology accelerates time-to-market and time-to-innovation because it frees developers from the mechanics of data management so they can focus exclusively on creating great applications. It also offers high availability, elastic scalability, and innovative mobile device synchronization. For more information, visit https://cloudant.com/.
As a Developer Advocate, you will develop software and content that improves the Cloudant user experience for developers and evangelizes the use of Cloudant within various tech communities. You’ll also influence the Cloudant product roadmap and marketing plans in ways that help grow and satisfy the developer base. Successful Developer Advocates will have significant opportunities for career growth at Cloudant/IBM.
Responsible for improving the developer experience and raising awareness of Cloudant among developers by:
- Evangelizing Cloudant to developers, both in person at conferences and online via blogging and interacting with discussion forums/lists.
- Publishing sample apps, tutorials, articles, and other "best-practices" content that makes it easier for developers to learn and use Cloudant.
- Contributing to Cloudant’s online documentation.
- Developing or contributing to appropriate open source applications, frameworks, and libraries.
- Providing direction in the product roadmap, marketing, and customer support to help grow and serve the community of developers using Cloudant.
- 2+ years success as a software developer, architect, technology evangelist, CTO, or consultant working with web or mobile technologies. A history of contributing to open source projects or communities is a strong plus.
- Respect amongst peers in the community you are most active in.
- Knowledge of the key players, vendors, conferences and web sites to work with to engage further with that community.
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of blogging, tweeting, and presenting on app development topics. An existing follower base is a very strong plus.
- Good understanding of database systems, preferably NoSQL, CouchDB, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Redis or Riak experience is a plus.
- Understanding of large-scale web and mobile app architecture and technology landscapes.
- Experience with Restructured Text, Sphinx, Markdown or other documentation formats and tools.
- Experience with git SCM, issue/task tracking software, IRC, video conferencing.
- The ability to work in and effectively communicate with a distributed team, with minimal supervision.